Tuesday, October 11, 2011

[BC] Steve Jobs

 Many people look up to Steve Jobs. In many peoples eyes he somewhat changed the world. Steve Jobs said this in a speech in 2005.
When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: "If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right." It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.

Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
I see what Steve Jobs is saying. He wants us all to think about what we are doing with our lives and ask yourself, do I really want to be remembered for doing this? On the other hand I don't really think that we should all think that we will die soon. In my eyes it’s just not a good idea to live by. Why would you want to tell yourself that you will die soon? 

If I would go by this idea, I would not be in school. I mean if you only had a little bit to live why would you want to spend your last moments taking a test or listening to a boring teacher try to hammer ideas into your head. I can honestly say that is one of the last places I would like to be. They only reason I'd want to go to school is to see all of my friends. 

If we all also thought that we would only be alive for one day, people would go crazy. People would blow all the money they have earned on random stuff just to find out that they still have more time and then they will be screwed.

I think that Steve Jobs just wanted you to try to make the best of the day. Steve Jobs was a very smart person. He was apple. And Apple is richer than all of the United States. I don't remember the exact numbers but a while ago on the news they were talking about how Apple has more money than the United States. I can see how that could happen, Apple has some of the best technology on the market. They have the best computers. People always want a Mac. Almost everyone I know has an iPod and thoughts aren't cheap. Steve Jobs was part of creating all of this. I think that the world will miss this man. I think he was one of the brightest persons in this time period. Apple makes all the best electronics. No matter what they make it is always superior to any other on the market. I have an iPhone. I was so happy when I got it. It is so useful. Besides it being a phone it has all my music on it so I can listen to it whenever I want. It has the internet and apps that help alot. For instance, I play fantasy football with my friends. I can look on my phone how my players are doing. If any of my friends offer me a trade I can look up how good that will be for me on my phone so I dont have to wait a while to do the trade.

Well I can't tell if I got hella off topic but this is what I thought about Steve Jobs. He was a great person. He was extremely smart. He spoke wise words like the from the speech above. I think most people looked up to him since he had a ton of power in this world. Even though I sounded like I didn't agree with this quote, I somewhat do. I think people should make the best of their day, but I don't think it's good to always think about how people die soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment